Sales Support Supervisor
Position Reports To: Corporate Fleet Manager
Position Title: Sales Support Supervisor
Position Summary: Supervisory position with the Sales Support department. Actively involved in the inventory management process, orders equipment, prepares quotations for new equipment and provides ongoing support to the Sales organization.
- Sales Support Agents
- Bridgeville, PA
- Rental fleet and equipment inventory management
- Establish inventory targets for designated product types and models.
- Interact with manufacturers to maintain real time information on equipment availability and lead times.
- Develop equipment sales forecasts for key makes and models.
- Monitory inventory levels on a continuous basis and proactively identify potential product shortages or excess inventory. Also, identify stale inventory.
- Prepare reports and analysis on AEC's rental fleet and inventory.
- Provide recommendations to senior management regarding inventory levels.
- Inform management and sales personnel about equipment availability.
- Orchestrate equipment transfers as needed to optimize the location of inventory
- Oversee the purchasing of equipment and attachments
- Order equipment for AEC based on direction from the Corporate Fleet Manager.
- Interact with manufacturers to verify order details and delivery dates.
- Coordinate all freight and delivery logistics and ensure that equipment will be delivered on time at lowest cost.
- Input/verify all receipting data and ensure that delivered equipment meets order specifications.
- Verify and approve vendor and freight invoices for payment.
- Perform searches to locate equipment that AEC does not have or cannot get from manufacturers.
- Prepare pricing and delivery quotations for customer orders
- Price new equipment to help Sales Representatives with customer quotations.
- Review municipal bid specifications for deviations; prepare bid bonds, review boilerplate, apply for municipal prices and prepare bid package.
- Coordinate pricing the Service function for any special work requested by customer. Incorporate costs into pricing quotations.
- Request special pricing assistance (SPARs) from manufacturers.
- Determine delivery lead times with manufacturers and incorporate into quotations if warranted.
- Provide ongoing support to Sales organization
- Obtain product literature and new product information. Provide technical information to Sales organization as requested.
- Research and provide solutions to technical issues. This would include, but not be limited to:
- Prepare and assist in engineering special applications.
- Verifying a machine’s suitability for a specific application.
- Working with manufacturers to gain approval of any customization/modifications of equipment.
- Researching compatibility between machines and attachments.
- Interact with Parts and Service as needed to obtain answers to various technical issues.
- Coordinate delivery of equipment with manufacturers and Service department (if warranted) to ensure equipment is delivered to the customer when promised. Resolve delivery issues by coordinating with manufacturer, the Service department and the Sales Representative..
- Keep track of competitive products and delivers reports/information to sales personnel.
- Supervision and administration
- The supervisor will oversee the activities of select department members. Ensuring that reports are performing the above department activities in a professional and timely manner is essential.
- Help establish department policies and procedures.
- Ensure the accuracy of equipment information in the company’s computer systems. Add, delete and edit information as warranted.
- Promptly submit credit requests (including SPARSs) with manufacturers. Monitor the issuance of requested credits. Follow up with manufacturers if credits are not issued in a timely manner.
- Attend product training. Stay abreast of all new products and technology for designated products.
- 4 Year College degree
- 10+ years experience
- The following are desirable but not considered to be mandatory:
- Degree in engineering or a business degree with experience in supply chain management.
- Industry experience in:
- Construction equipment
- Industrial manufacturing or distribution
- Construction, mining or forestry
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- High mechanical aptitude (familiarity with heavy equipment a plus but not mandatory).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to quantify inventory requirements and performance metrics is essential.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, profit metrics such as gross margin and gross margin percentages.
- Ability to learn and use concepts such as floor plans, SPARS, rental rates and trade-ins.
- Must have aptitude for handling details and organizing information. Must have working knowledge and experience using computers.
- Ability to effectively communicate with Sales and Service personnel.
- Must be driven, self-motivated, and have a sense of urgency to get the job done right the first time.
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks with flexibility.
- Strong ability to work with others to accomplish tasks with a positive attitude.