Rental Service Supervisor
Job Desc/Summary: Oversee Rental Equipment preparation processes between the Rental and Service Departments, including direct supervision of technicians. Assist the Service Manager in the day-to-day administrative operations of the shop.
- Check in/out rentals, schedule techs for PMs, cleaning, minor repairs; ensure notes and flags are up to date and work orders are processed within time guidelines.
- Ensure Rental Agent and Service Manager are kept up to date on Rental Equipment status; advise manager promptly when a major repair is found.
- Check on machine and/or attachment availability for rental, sales; be back-up to rental calls.
- Prepare and complete performance reviews for technicians assigned to rental department.
- Open and close work orders for field and shop, assign work to mechanics as directed by the Service Manager and coordinate any attachments with Sales Support; review all parts/labor for invoicing.
- Generate sublet vendor pricing/quotes with best price and within service shop's schedule; follow-up on back-ordered parts.
- Provide Sales Reps, PSRs and customers with written estimates by looking up the parts, calculating the labor as directed by the Service Manager.
- Provide standard PM quotes for new machine sales and PSRs from rate database.
- Maintain customer contact before, during and after job completion as a shared responsibility with the Service Shop Manager; inform customer regarding additional repairs needed as a result of the inspection, selling additional parts and labor.
- Coordinate equipment to/from customers and inform customers and Sales Dept. when service is complete; take calls regarding technical issues and follow-up on customer satisfaction surveys.
- Schedule pre-deliveries and deliveries, 30 and 90 day follow-ups, and field campaigns, completing necessary paperwork.
- Advise Service Manager of shop equipment maintenance needs and maintain records; provide coverage of Service Manager primary duties when s/he is out of the office.
Required Qualifications: Minimum 2-5 years administrative experience or associate's degree and 1 year experience. Background in equipment or related technical experience preferred. Diplomatically handles customer issues in a timely manner. Able to work independently, assess priorities and be able to review reports and correspondence for accuracy. Strong communication skills, work well with others, and have excellent computer skills. Must have proven organizational aptitude and be very detail oriented. Strong administrative skills are essential in this fast-paced working environment.